- SebastianLover submitted a comment on [Artikkeli #45668] Swearing off pre-orders? • 1 minuuttia sittenI have that conundrum for practically every month this year. I was really flush with cash last year and didn't think about the consequences while pushing the magic order button. I have on average $1k worth of figures slated for each month, with the summer months looking exceptionally brutal. I don't really like getting a huge figure bill each month as it limits my ability to pre-owned shop. I honestly like getting figures whenever I want instead of waiting for a release date. The hunt makes me appreciate my figures more although I do appreciate all my pre-ordered ones too.
I've learned this year that I actually hate pre-ordering, so I've sworn it off with just a few exceptions for figures I feel will be hard to find post-release or mega-grails I've been dying for. 2021 has just a few orders, and I'm aiming to keep it that way, especially since there will be some 2020 spillovers.
As for budget tracking, I don't really have a sophisticated system or anything. I just pay bills/contribute to savings first and go from there. With figures, once it's paid for, how much I spent doesn't matter to me anymore as long as I'm not broke.
- I would definitely recommend you the Kirigiri! I have owned the Chiaki figure twice (two new items out of store) and she had white colour stains both times. Once on the Monokumabases black part which was very annoying and the other time a small one on one of her sleeves. I refunded both of them because this was so off putting. As well the aditional features weren´t position in the exact way as in the promo pics. I´d opt for Kirigiri in this one very obviously! But just my opinion, others may have gotten flawless products or they improved on quality.
- I don't preorder, ever.
You can only see how the figure looks like after the release.
Official and prototype pictures are advertisement, they don't tell the truth.
Preowned figures are usually cheaper too but that's not the main reason.
Also, buying something but not getting it for months is way too frustrating.
- OnlyOnePiece submitted a comment on [Kohde #734678] One Piece - Donquixote Doflamingo - Figure Colosseum - SCultures (Banpresto) • 10 minuuttia sitten
- Chloe-tsundere submitted a comment on [Artikkeli #45668] Swearing off pre-orders? • 10 minuuttia sittenNah not sworn off but since my budget is max 140 total a lot of figs go in the no preorder bin anyways so that sure helps.
Only exception I made is for erina bunny. As she's a top 10 fav character to me but she's 2x my budget but then one month no fig spending does make that OK.
I set a limit to which characters I really want, top 10 game characters and top 10 anime characters and rest I will just pass on atm :)
That also helps.
Cause sure many figs look good but I know when there's no attachment I will eventually sell them or if I don't they will just be nice look ats and I would buy way too many cause of that since so many just look good.
- AcePlatinum submitted a comment on [Artikkeli #45669] The Usage of Practical Merchandise • 12 minuuttia sitten
- msp1701 submitted a comment on [Kohde #78582] Vocaloid - Hatsune Miku - Nendoroid (#194) - Append (Good Smile Company) • 12 minuuttia sitten