• 47 vastaustata
  • TraumaticSherryEustass Kid Loyalist⚓Regular Boarder
    TraumaticSherry
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • South Blue
    9 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 9 kuukautta sitten
    All video game discussion welcome here : >
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/b1642eb5524f31d3f040138b1ad40aa9/tumblr_otd97jlqjJ1qefcf5o5_r1_250.png
  • MauxjediRegular Boarder
    Mauxjedi
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • Georgia, USA
    I recently bought and started Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam, and I was loving the game and the humor, but about 5 hours into my first play of it, I hit a boss that I couldn't beat, no matter how many times I tried. I need to grind up my levels I suppose, because I want to get some figures. I'm weird, I like to be attached to a character before I'll let myself really like the figure. Any games any of you like that you dropped (at least for a while) because you didn't want to do what the game wanted you to do?
    Please feel free to friend me on Steam!

steamcommunity....
  • serRegular Boarder
    ser
    • Ei
    • 2 vuotta sitten
    • uk
    9 kuukautta sitten
    I actually bought that game too, pretty much for the same reason....I don't like having figures of characters I'm not familiar with >.< I've had a couple bosses like that in the game, you're leveled enough for the mobs but then the boss wrecks you :'( i cri everytim. It's a funny game though and I like the characters (Noire and Blanc are best girls so far), just a bit frustrating at some points ;-;
  • mintbunnyThe Geeky BunnyRegular Boarder
    mintbunny
    • Ei
    • 7 vuotta sitten
    • MD, USA
    I bought Neptunia Producing Perfection cause training cute girls to be idols? I'm in. Then I bought Blanc vs Zombies cause I like hack n' slash. Then recently bought Neptune 7, and I hope whoever (NISA I think) does a mega English limited edition of the 4 Goddesses game.

I'm mostly finishing up games to get trophies before I start a new one (trying to stay under 1000 unearned trophies: psnprofiles.com...). Trying to make it through Nights of Azure which is fun, but it's genre should be 'grind fest' but I love the Pokémon aspect with creatures to help you fight. My hubby and I just bought a new PS4 and TV so we could both play PS4 games at the same time. Living the dream.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth had a boss I couldn't defeat and grinding is boring so I haven't played that in a year. Whoops.
    Mauxjedi
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • Georgia, USA
    9 kuukautta sitten
    ser (9 kuukautta sitten) #19962449I actually bought that game too, pretty much for the same reason....I don't like having figures of characters I'm not familiar with >.< I've had a couple bosses like that in the game, you're leveled enough for the mobs but then the boss wrecks you :'( i cri everytim. It's a funny game though and I like the characters (Noire and Blanc are best girls so far), just a bit frustrating at some points ;-;

Yeah, so far I like Neptune herself. I wish there was a better figure of her though. Purple Heart has a lot of good ones, but ITEM #287946 is the only Neptune one I can find, and it's not something I think I'd display with people around. I'll be sure to keep grinding, it's a good game so far.

steamcommunity....
    TraumaticSherry
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • South Blue
    9 kuukautta sitten
    I actually had minor interest in Hyperdimension Neptunia. But it's just one of many series that I say "Eh maybe one day" to and never get around to it lol
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/b1642eb5524f31d3f040138b1ad40aa9/tumblr_otd97jlqjJ1qefcf5o5_r1_250.png
  • serRegular Boarder
    ser
    • Ei
    • 2 vuotta sitten
    • uk
    9 kuukautta sitten
    Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #19979140ser (9 kuukautta sitten) #19962449I actually bought that game too, pretty much for the same reason....I don't like having figures of characters I'm not familiar with >.< I've had a couple bosses like that in the game, you're leveled enough for the mobs but then the boss wrecks you :'( i cri everytim. It's a funny game though and I like the characters (Noire and Blanc are best girls so far), just a bit frustrating at some points ;-;

Yeah, so far I like Neptune herself. I wish there was a better figure of her though. Purple Heart has a lot of good ones, but ITEM #287946 is the only Neptune one I can find, and it's not something I think I'd display with people around. I'll be sure to keep grinding, it's a good game so far.

Yeah that figure is....a lot. Pls don't lewd my girl Neptune like this, she's too smol ;-;

TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten)I actually had minor interest in Hyperdimension Neptunia. But it's just one of many series that I say "Eh maybe one day" to and never get around to it lol

I'd always been interested in playing it, but tbh the only reason I bought it was because it was in a steam sale, and those deals had me feelin some typa way.
  • xCommandoRegular Boarder
    xCommando
    • Ei
    • 5 vuotta sitten
    • Arizona, USA
    9 kuukautta sitten
    Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #19940105I recently bought and started Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam, and I was loving the game and the humor, but about 5 hours into my first play of it, I hit a boss that I couldn't beat, no matter how many times I tried. I need to grind up my levels I suppose, because I want to get some figures. I'm weird, I like to be attached to a character before I'll let myself really like the figure. Any games any of you like that you dropped (at least for a while) because you didn't want to do what the game wanted you to do?
    Haha, by "didn't want to do what the game wanted you to do" would that include beating the game?... Because I'll play games like 90% through and then stop because I sense I'm on the verge of finishing it and I don't want it to be over. >: I'll then go back to it like months(possibly a year) later and beat it... and sometimes that's nice if there turns out to be a sequel because then I can play that right away. :3
    Mauxjedi
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • Georgia, USA
    9 kuukautta sitten
    xCommando (9 kuukautta sitten) #19986959
    Haha, by "didn't want to do what the game wanted you to do" would that include beating the game?... Because I'll play games like 90% through and then stop because I sense I'm on the verge of finishing it and I don't want it to be over. >: I'll then go back to it like months(possibly a year) later and beat it... and sometimes that's nice if there turns out to be a sequel because then I can play that right away. :3

Yeah I actually have trouble beating games I enjoy for some reason as well. Like, I don't want it to end so I do all the extra things I can to avoid beating it. I had 90 hours on Pokemon moon before I tried to beat the E4, and I have 130 in Fallout 4 and I have yet to even try and follow the story. With Neptunia I was talking about grinding, but I certainly don't like to beat games I love either!

steamcommunity....
  • ameriRegular Boarder
    ameri
    • Ei
    • 4 vuotta sitten
    • Seattle, WA
    9 kuukautta sitten
    Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #19940105I recently bought and started Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam, and I was loving the game and the humor, but about 5 hours into my first play of it, I hit a boss that I couldn't beat, no matter how many times I tried. I need to grind up my levels I suppose, because I want to get some figures. I'm weird, I like to be attached to a character before I'll let myself really like the figure. Any games any of you like that you dropped (at least for a while) because you didn't want to do what the game wanted you to do?

I just started playing thi game and same thing happened to me. I dont get the mechanics at all and I'm getting frustrated cuz I love the characters and I want to know how to story goes!! Let me know how you've gotten in the game.. I feel the same way about the figures too. And wow HDN has some very expensive merchandise, but I like the tapestries and stuff.
  • AsagoeMad Magician ✨Regular Boarder
    Asagoe
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • Planeptune
    9 kuukautta sitten
    ameri (9 kuukautta sitten) #19988774Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #19940105I recently bought and started Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam, and I was loving the game and the humor, but about 5 hours into my first play of it, I hit a boss that I couldn't beat, no matter how many times I tried. I need to grind up my levels I suppose, because I want to get some figures. I'm weird, I like to be attached to a character before I'll let myself really like the figure. Any games any of you like that you dropped (at least for a while) because you didn't want to do what the game wanted you to do?

I just started playing thi game and same thing happened to me. I dont get the mechanics at all and I'm getting frustrated cuz I love the characters and I want to know how to story goes!! Let me know how you've gotten in the game.. I feel the same way about the figures too. And wow HDN has some very expensive merchandise, but I like the tapestries and stuff.

The first three games are all kind of like that. I'm not sure if they expect you to do some of those side-quests/missions on other playthroughs or what, because some of those fights really drag on.
  • ElyrithRegular Boarder
    Elyrith
    • Ei
    • 2 vuotta sitten
    • France
    9 kuukautta sitten
    TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten) #19979183I actually had minor interest in Hyperdimension Neptunia. But it's just one of many series that I say "Eh maybe one day" to and never get around to it lol

Same here. >.<
    TraumaticSherry
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • South Blue
    BlackSwordsman09 (9 kuukautta sitten) #20010427Went to the flea market today and got Resident Evil Code Veronica X for the ps2 for like $6 complete with manual and all. It's been a while since
    I last played it and man the voice acting is so baaaaad, it is funny at times.

Jeeze man that's a pretty good deal. And honestly I MISS bad voice acting for RE. I miss camp and horror. Everything takes itself too seriously now and there's no fun in horror. Dialogue in Code Veronica is 10x more fun than ANYTHING in RE6 tbh. I mean I also hate RE6 but if we were strictly talking acting and scripts alone, RE6 is boring and forgettable
    TraumaticSherry
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • South Blue
    9 kuukautta sitten
    BlackSwordsman09 (9 kuukautta sitten) #20011204TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten) #20010792BlackSwordsman09 (9 kuukautta sitten) #20010427Went to the flea market today and got Resident Evil Code Veronica X for the ps2 for like $6 complete with manual and all. It's been a while since
    I last played it and man the voice acting is so baaaaad, it is funny at times.

Jeeze man that's a pretty good deal. And honestly I MISS bad voice acting for RE. I miss camp and horror. Everything takes itself too seriously now and there's no fun in horror. Dialogue in Code Veronica is 10x more fun than ANYTHING in RE6 tbh. I mean I also hate RE6 but if we were strictly talking acting and scripts alone, RE6 is boring and forgettable

Yeah I think that is what made RE what it was back in the day, the bad voice acting and the cheesy horror. I agree resident evil 6 was really bad too much action and it just seem too generic for me.

I am more into the psychological horror aspect in games, like the original 4 Silent hill games created by Team Silent, those were amazing and now it is hard to find games like that.

Have you tried Lone Survivor? It's a side scrolling 2D survival horror game with some Silent Hill inspiration.
  • ReiichiruRegular Boarder
    Reiichiru
    • Ei
    • 10 kuukautta sitten
    • Ireland
    Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #19940105I recently bought and started Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam, and I was loving the game and the humor, but about 5 hours into my first play of it, I hit a boss that I couldn't beat, no matter how many times I tried. I need to grind up my levels I suppose

Hi! I had trouble with this game too (and it kept glitching and my save files died!)
    I found using DLC girls and knowing the correct techniques (lowering guard and cycling compa-heal -> dmg -> compa heal -> dmg was most effective (and the moves you unlock much later tear through enemies.)

But I'm sure you knew this from playing before :/ It's a very traditional RPG in the grinding sense.

Also if you enjoy cute games: Rabi Ribi is no. 1 :D
    TraumaticSherry
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • South Blue
    9 kuukautta sitten
    Before I forget, does anyone play Don't Starve
  • ShirohigePopsRegular Boarder
    ShirohigePops
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • California
    9 kuukautta sitten
    TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten) #20049673Before I forget, does anyone play Don't Starve

I've had it on my wii u for like 6 or more months and still haven't played it, i think i tried it once on pc or something before but don't really remember what it was like.
    Mauxjedi
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • Georgia, USA
    9 kuukautta sitten
    Reiichiru (9 kuukautta sitten) #20049667Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #19940105I recently bought and started Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam, and I was loving the game and the humor, but about 5 hours into my first play of it, I hit a boss that I couldn't beat, no matter how many times I tried. I need to grind up my levels I suppose

Hi! I had trouble with this game too (and it kept glitching and my save files died!)
    I found using DLC girls and knowing the correct techniques (lowering guard and cycling compa-heal -> dmg -> compa heal -> dmg was most effective (and the moves you unlock much later tear through enemies.)

But I'm sure you knew this from playing before :/ It's a very traditional RPG in the grinding sense.

Also if you enjoy cute games: Rabi Ribi is no. 1 :D

Yeah, I knew about the techniques, I just don't think I'm using them correctly. I'll give it another go!

And yes, Rabi Rabi is great! I played that one a while ago and loved it!

steamcommunity....
    Mauxjedi
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    • Georgia, USA
    9 kuukautta sitten
    TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten) #20049673Before I forget, does anyone play Don't Starve

I don't have the first one, but I have and play Don't Starve Together sometimes with a friend. It's pretty fun! I can't play it too long in one go or I get tired of it though.

steamcommunity....
    TraumaticSherry
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • South Blue
    Mauxjedi (9 kuukautta sitten) #20052925TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten) #20049673Before I forget, does anyone play Don't Starve

I don't have the first one, but I have and play Don't Starve Together sometimes with a friend. It's pretty fun! I can't play it too long in one go or I get tired of it though.

I can feel you on that. I'm still a relatively new playerr haha. BlackSwordsman09 (9 kuukautta sitten)Jeeze man that's a pretty good deal. And honestly I MISS bad voice acting for RE. I miss camp and horror. Everything takes itself too seriously now and there's no fun in horror. Dialogue in Code Veronica is 10x more fun than ANYTHING in RE6 tbh. I mean I also hate RE6 but if we were strictly talking acting and scripts alone, RE6 is boring and forgettable
    Yeah I think that is what made RE what it was back in the day, the bad voice acting and the cheesy horror. I agree resident evil 6 was really bad too much action and it just seem too generic for me.
    I am more into the psychological horror aspect in games, like the original 4 Silent hill games created by Team Silent, those were amazing and now it is hard to find games like that.

Have you tried Lone Survivor? It's a side scrolling 2D survival horror game with some Silent Hill inspiration.

Not yet but I will give it a try, I like side scrolling games so it should be fun :D

Yeah like tbh I wasn't sure how a side scrolling survival horror would do but it's actually pretty damn good

ShirohigePops (9 kuukautta sitten) #20050663TraumaticSherry (9 kuukautta sitten) #20049673Before I forget, does anyone play Don't Starve

I've had it on my wii u for like 6 or more months and still haven't played it, i think i tried it once on pc or something before but don't really remember what it was like.

It's challenging that's for sure. And I feel like I have to mentally be prepared to work. And no pausing so haha... You can't like get side tracked too much
  • 47 vastaustata
  • Liity klubiin littyäksesi keskusteluun.