CarouselCarousel9 kuukautta sittenHouseki no Kuni

8 vastaustata

• 8 vastaustata
  • CarouselRegular Boarder
    Carousel
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    9 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 9 kuukautta sitten
    A new trailer has been released by TOHO Animation, this one featuring many more of the gems and also voices!
  • kataklismRegular Boarder
    kataklism
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • italy
    9 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 9 kuukautta sitten
    and would you look at that.
    pretty much every single VA except the sensei is a woman(with bort being more masculine because bort)
    mhmh.
    i can't hide the fact i feel like i have one of those anime expressions with the super long nose and chin at the moment.

anyway, the voice seem all good, but without a direct character-voice correlation it's hard to say.

as for the animations... well, they certainly improved on cinnnabar(though the mercury still looks bad), but i still feel like some are worse than i expected and others somewhat better... overall, still in the watchable, absolutely.

as for the ost, thank god they put a lead(or so) piano in there among the string and (1-2?)folkloristical instruments, by the way things are looking though, they'll nail pretty much every part except the battles, which is kind of a bummer given fluidity in panel-to-panel drawings it's one of the best redeeming qualities of ichikawa, but hey, last word it's last to die...

also wait, is that chapter 40 at 1:08?
    i mean, it is confirmed already that we'll reach at least the winter arc end, but i do know at least melon appeared once before chapter 40, yet not in such a clearly depiction of a certain couple panels from chapter 40.
    Carousel
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    8 kuukautta sitten
    kataklism (9 kuukautta sitten) #25019606and would you look at that.
    pretty much every single VA except the sensei is a woman(with bort being more masculine because bort)

I have a theory that all the love interests (I use that term loosely. Basically those that fans ship together, and specifically those that tend to take on the more male position in the fandom (excepting Shinsya). So Diamond/Bort, Antarcticite/Phos, Ghost/Phos, Phos/Shinsya) are going to have the more manly voices. They've already sort of shown that trend with Bort, and Shinsya has a more androgynous voice than Phos for sure.

I will be interested to see.
    kataklism
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • italy
    8 kuukautta sitten
    Carousel (8 kuukautta sitten) #25266148kataklism (9 kuukautta sitten) #25019606and would you look at that.

I have a theory that all the love interests (I use that term loosely. Basically those that fans ship together, and specifically those that tend to take on the more male position in the fandom (excepting Shinsya). So Diamond/Bort, Antarcticite/Phos, Ghost/Phos, Phos/Shinsya) are going to have the more manly voices. They've already sort of shown that trend with Bort, and Shinsya has a more androgynous voice than Phos for sure.

I will be interested to see.
    ù

it's not really a theory, that's litterally how voices for characters are chosen, if a character acts though/tomboyish/manly, then there, they get a more androginounous /male-like voice, it's that simple.

i'd expect zircon too to have a slightly male-sounding voice depending on the anime portrayal.

btw, i'm really tired of all the differet names for all the characters and beings in the series troughout the world, i'll list some of them for future reference:
    moon people:
    french: selenites
    english: moon people
    japanase tsukijin
    and i'm sure both in the official and the other english versions they have plenty other names like "moonkin"

characters:
    eng/fr:cinnabar
    jap:shinsya
    eng/jap: cairngorm
    french:morion
    eng/jap(afaik):kongo(-sensei)
    french:vajra

and so on, how come everyone names them so differently?(and also that none of the ones that can use neutral nouns(except japanase obviously) still use male ones?)
    Carousel
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    8 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 8 kuukautta sitten
    kataklism (8 kuukautta sitten) #25356474 ...

There is no need to be rude, I am merely speculating. Since none of the gems have true gender it is not as though TOHO was obligated to follow voice norms.

I can only speak for English and Japanese. Because those are the names of the gems in their respective languages. Shinsha (しんしゃ though it is spelt シンシャ in the manga) is what the gem Cinnabar is called in Japan, while in English it is called Cinnabar. If I may steal your turn of phrase, it's that simple. Same for the Tsukijin. It literally translates to "Moon (tsuki) Person (jin)". Hence the English. There are gems that have the same "name" in English and Japanese because the Japanese word for the gem is the same as English.

Kongo-sensei is different because he was presented as a mysterious character. It basically means a thing that is strong or hard. In Chinese it usually refers to something that is metal or a diamond, too. I do not know whether you have read the whole series, but you will understand more if you have. I did a quick google of the word vajra and it says it is a word meaning diamond. I think it is a OK translation.

Same with Cairngorm/Morion. They are both smokey quartz, though I do not know why French chose Morion over Cairngorm (Cairngorm is apparently mined from a specific place).

These arent names where you can go "Naruto is Naruto in all languages because that is his name". In the end the gems are objects and should be that object in their respective languages to keep to the spirit of the story.

The Japanese does not use neutral pronouns. They refer to each other in male pronouns such as "he", "brother", "-kun" (though this can still be used for girls, it is mostly reserved for boys in anime), etc. In the official English release, and not the fan translations, they do not use any gender pronouns at all as far as I am aware. They only use their names and "they"/"them". It is very well done. Though fan translations are not wrong for using male pronouns to stay true to the direct translation.
    kataklism
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • italy
    8 kuukautta sitten
    sorry, didnt think think i was being rude, anyway, if i have to guess aboout morion, that's probably because cairngorm is specific in origin,smokey too generic and morion specific for deep black smokey quartz.

also didn't know about the official english release transations, given how they advertised it(and how most english speaking fans still refer to the gems after the eng tankobons releaase), i thought they would do a sloppy job, guess i'll give a check to it one of these days.

and yeah, i know that is how the names translate, the probtem is that many of the names, such as cinnabar, can be used in other languages if not all of them, so i'd love if on the web everyone agreed on which names to use, or at least knew which meant whom(for example in my own italian translation-which in no way i would consider great, but at least i was able to fixerrors that were preset in both the french and english fan translation this way- i translated cairngorm as morion and if memory serves, i also changed the name of a couple characters to fit better the name they would have in italian, as well as sometimes keeping the english name even if in italian it should be translated just to make the grammar flow better due to the fact that even if we treat them as objects, we still would have to use a pronoun, specifically, female pronouns-only exception being zircon because it wouldn't do anything better keeping the english name- i also used the french translation of tsukijin as a character development device(becuase 4 chapterswere already released when i found out how good of a translation it is for italian) )

but i guess that won't happen, at least not until the anime releases.
    Carousel
    • Ei
    • 1 vuotta sitten
    8 kuukautta sitten
    As far as Cairngorm/Morion goes, in Japanese the name is カンゴーム which roughly breaks down to カ(ka)ン(n)ゴー(gho)ム(mu) which can also be interchangeable with 黒水晶. Basically black crystal/quartz.

Morion would only be wrong in pronunciation. But the gem appears to be the same as Cairngorm.

As far as Cinnabar/Shinsha, that's something you'll just have to get used to I think. Because his name is Shinsha, but it'll likely be spelled as Cinnabar on any official merchandise. Well, we actually already have proof from current merchandise that that'll be the case.

The gem names arent exactly guess work either, so I guess I'm not seeing the same issue that you're having with everyone agreeing on names. There's official merchandise with their names in English released already. I guess there may be some people who refer to the gems in their Romanji form? Outside of Shinsha that would be odd though, since most are just English words that've been absorbed into the language.
    kataklism
    • Ei
    • 3 vuotta sitten
    • italy
    8 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 8 kuukautta sitten
    well, it's just that i've seen many people say one name here and one name there...then again, it's not like there's that many people talking about houseki in the first place, and i know that most names are indeed english in all languages, but some aren't and people usually use the names they've gotten most accustomed too, in fact, that's probably why the biggest problems i have with it is with selenites, "selenites" just slips off the tongue way better than "moon people" in all languages, yet i don't sem to have the same problem with cairngorm... even i myself used(or rather, will use...) morion on my own, but i still don't see cairngorm as weird as shinsia, which i honestly don't understand(-why i see that as weird and the other one not), but in the end, i guess i got too affected by the french translation's first volumes as well...
    not that i can say anything in my own defense anyway, i dissacrated names for characters like red beryl and yellow diamond, but that's just because of therules i had to get around...

also, what merchandise you talking about? haven't only the tankbons been released for houseki outside japan? everything else afaik it's still japan-only, or do you mean japan only merchandise using the english names? in that case i guess the correct ones to be used are the ones in that merchandise... but the moon people/selenites keeps being a problem, especially when others also use tsukijin... it's really not about the aestetics of the names, as much as the fact that some names are't easily recognized to what they meanby most people that didn't read X translation and this can create confusion.
    i have a fear it'll keep being a problem, albeit a small one, even after the anime releases.
  • 8 vastaustata
  • Liity klubiin littyäksesi keskusteluun.