4 vastaustata

• 4 vastaustata
  • razzle_dazzleRegular Boarder
    razzle_dazzle
    • Ei
    • 9 kuukautta sitten
    • UK
    1 kuukautta sitten
    A couple of my nendoroids have a joint that I can't bend without feeling like they're about to break. Unlike most nendos I've seen, they both have fully bendable elbow and knee joints, and I'm not sure if the paint has them stuck in place or something. I couldn't find any advice on this type of joint in any of the threads here so I did a quick search and found this page, which recommends using either hot water, a hairdryer or dish soap to loosen the joints: gemr.com/blog/s...

However, it's not nendo-specific advice, so I'm worried that using those techniques might damage my figures. Has anyone done this before or have any other advice?

If it helps, these are the sort of elbow/knee joints I'm talking about: www.goodsmile.i...

Thank you!
  • kyoshinheiRegular Boarder
    kyoshinhei
    • Ei
    • 4 vuotta sitten
    • France
    1 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 1 kuukautta sitten
    Those advice should work well for Nendoroids.

Since you're feeling like the joints are going to break, I would try the soap option first as it is the most gentle one.

If it doesn't work, try the hot water next. As stated in the article, it doesn't have to be boiling at all, streamy hot from the tap is usually enough and that way you won't risk your skin coming off if you mess up :-p
    More details here if you need.

Hairdryer is basically the same as hot water but slower and more cumbersome in my opinion.
  • razzle_dazzleRegular Boarder
    razzle_dazzle
    • Ei
    • 9 kuukautta sitten
    • UK
    1 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 1 kuukautta sitten
    kyoshinhei (1 kuukautta sitten) #66170075Those advice should work well for Nendoroids.
    Since you're feeling like the joints are going to break, I would try the soap option first as it is the most gentle one.
    If it doesn't work, try the hot water next. As stated in the article, it doesn't have to be boiling at all, streamy hot from the tap is usually enough and that way you won't risk your skin coming off if you mess up :-p
    More details here if you need.
    Hairdryer is basically the same as hot water but slower and more cumbersome in my opinion.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Both of the joints now move! :D The soap eventually worked for one of them, and a stream of hot water from the tap worked for the other after the soap failed (that link was really helpful, thank you!). The plastic hasn't deformed either, which is relieving :)
  • kyoshinheiRegular Boarder
    kyoshinhei
    • Ei
    • 4 vuotta sitten
    • France
    1 kuukautta sitten
    Glad to hear it, have fun posing them! ;-)
  • 4 vastaustata
  • Liity klubiin littyäksesi keskusteluun.