Figure Site and Shop Forum[Web Shop] Akimomo

• kupchr
    kupchrRegular Boarder • lv7
    Offline8 vastaustata
    1 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 1 kuukautta sitten
    I haven't seen any reviews on Akimomo (an Australian based site) so here it is!

Akimomo is based in Australia and sells a lot of resin figures and other large-type figures/statues. They do sell typical anime figures from companies like Good Smile and Kotobukiya but unless you live in Australia it might be better to order elsewhere as the prices are not the cheapest (they're not super expensive either but shipping is a pain ;-;). I bought a Myethos figure from them and the price beat anywhere else I looked. The figure I bought was the Jr. Ootengu figure which is not listed on MFC. The figure was about $155 usd with $25-ish for shipping. First time buyers also get $10 AUD (about $7 USD) off. In total I paid around $175-$180 for this figure including shipping and taxes.

Another note I live in the good old United States of America and it took about a week for this figure to arrive. This figure was listed as 'released' on their website. This means that it had to be shipped from their China warehouse to Australia then to me. This took a couple of days, around 5 days for me. So in total it took about 2 weeks to get to me. If you bought an in-stock figure it would be shorter.

Packaging was super great! The outside box was bubble-wrapped and the figure was thoroughly protected.
    https://static.myfigurecollection.net/upload/pictures/2021/05/04/2706730.jpeg

Their box had Akimomo tape everywhere, kinda cute ^_^
    https://static.myfigurecollection.net/upload/pictures/2021/05/04/2706731.jpeg

Figure was covered in bubble wrap and there was no damage whatsoever!
    https://static.myfigurecollection.net/upload/pictures/2021/05/04/2706728.jpeg

Overall I would definitely buy from them again! They have some hard to find figures-(Onmyoji and Myethos) and their shipping was fast and reasonable. I'm not sure how good their customer service is since I ran into no problems but they do have an Instagram and Facebook!
  • Jellyo
    JellyoRegular Boarder • lv8
    Offline12 vastaustata
    1 kuukautta sitten
    kupchr1 kuukautta sitten#96253577I'm not sure how good their customer service is since I ran into no problems but they do have an Instagram and Facebook!
    They're super quick to reply on Facebook Messenger so if you have any questions definitely hit them up over there! They do have an MFC account as well that you might be able to DM if you don't have social media.
  • kupchr
    kupchrRegular Boarder • lv7
    Offline8 vastaustata
    1 kuukautta sitten • Päivitetty 1 kuukautta sitten
    Jellyo1 kuukautta sitten#96253592They're super quick to reply on Facebook Messenger so if you have any questions definitely hit them up over there! They do have an MFC account as well that you might be able to DM if you don't have social media.

I just messaged them on Instagram and they responded so fast! I'm 100% going to order from them again, in fact I just pre-ordered Otakemaru and Royal Gold Ootengu from them.

Just a side note about pre-ordering from them: They usually don't do deposits on orders below $500 but if you send in a note (don't click purchase just complete the order) saying 'deposit' then it looks like they'll send you a separate invoice. I will update this when I get a response back from them.

Edit:They just responded (super fast reply!) my deposit for Otakemaru ($205 figure) is $35 plus the $20 shipping so $55. Dang I really like Akimomo, great products and customer service!
  • Liity klubiin littyäksesi keskusteluun.
  • 3 vastaustata
All Japanese Games, Anime Figures & Trading Cards! Reliable Worldwide Shipping, and World-Class Customer Service!

Figure Site and Shop Forum523